Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

God's letter to me

Last night Firecracker re-broke the leg that had just come out of the cast the day before.  It was hard on all of us.  I kept trying to discern God's will in the situation.  Why again?  Why us?

I realize in the grand scheme of life, this injury isn't a huge deal.  In 4-6 weeks we will be done.  Some parents have sick children much longer and with much worse conditions.

However, I still dreamed up this letter from God to myself

Dear Karra,
You didn't learn your lesson my dear girl.  The first time this happened, you got the idea.  Be more intentional with your children, they are only little for a short time.  There were fun craft projects everyday, sitting outside with everybody while the big children played, playing fun games together, and just plain playing together.  But, as Firecracker became mobile again, you slipped into some old habits.  By the time the cast was off, it was as if it never happened.  STOP.  Enjoy your children where they are right now.  Even if it is hard.  Even if you are tired.  You can do it!
Love,
God

I'm recommitting to being intentional with the children EVERY DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment