Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

AP Parenting Success!

After yesterday, I believe today can be viewed as a success!

VBS started with mass this morning in which the parents were invited to stay.  Sparkle's fan club was there so I had help juggling all three little ones during mass.  Daily mass is so awesome because you get to receive Jesus in the Eucharist and its abbreviated.  That's what having young kids will make you appreciate, a shorter mass!  I had promised Spitfire "brave gum" after mass.  I took her to her group and she stayed with her friend.  My mistake: staying within sight.  She came to find me in a couple minutes (was chatting in the back with some mama friends) and I admit, I was worried.  We had agreed beforehand that I would stay but that she would stay with her group.  I reminded her of this several times.  Firecracker was begging for a drink from the water fountain, so we all went to get a drink.  When Spitfire was having a drink, I told her that I noticed that the "brave juice" was filling up her leg and she needed to drink more.  The next sip I told her it was all the way to her neck and she needed one final sip.  After that, she was full of "brave juice" and ready to join her group.  I took her to a couple stations but we ended up at the one where her friend was completing a craft.  I left her there and quickly went outside.  Firecracker, Sparkle and I set up a picnic outside the door (in case she bolted, she would find me right away).

I was so curious to find out if she was doing anything or sitting off to the side but I had to resist because I knew I was toast if she saw me.  At one point I went to retrieve Firecracker from the door and I saw Spitfire run up next to her friend and she. Was. Smiling!  Success!

A couple times, some women came out and told me that she was doing great and that I could leave.  I didn't feel that I could because I told Spitfire I wouldn't and I needed her to trust me.

We all made it to the end.  And we made it peacefully.  Spitfire was very excited and talked about it on and off all night long.  She did admit to us that she didn't participate in everything, but I am just so glad she stayed with her group.  And she was singing the songs all night! :)

Praying tomorrow brings as much joy and more...

No comments:

Post a Comment