Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

DIY Whiteboard

Do you like waiting until the last minute?

I do.

Or I don't but I always seem to do it anyway. 

The weekend before "school" started in our home, I told Blazing Inferno that I needed a magnetic whiteboard.  Oh, and I needed him to cut the huge whiteboard in our garage and to also make a wooden frame for said whiteboard out of materials found only in our home.  He wanted to buy MDF, I said no.  I'm pretty mean like that.  I asked if he could buy real wood instead.  Then I asked if he could use the free maple in our garage.  To use the {free} wood in our garage to make our {free} whiteboard, he informed me that he would have a buy a tool.  It was so hard for him to say it and it was even harder for him to get a new tool out of the deal.  We're still saving money because the tool can be used for a number of other things whereas if we had bought new wood, it would have been the frame for the whiteboard and that's it!

Now where did we get such a giant whiteboard?  Friends of ours came into two huge whiteboards from a local college that was getting rid of them.  They took what they wanted from the whiteboard and gave us the rest :)

before...

 after...
 fancy routed (routered?) edges
complete and ready to be used!!!
 
I bet you wish you had a handy dandy husband to turn an ordinary whiteboard into exactly what you need, and make it beautiful in the process!

1 comment:

  1. Look at how evenly your tiles are spaced! It looks great!

    My handy husband made us our magnetic blackboard...now covered completely by a timeline, whiteboard, and two pieces of magnetc notebook paper. Lol!

    ReplyDelete